Harbor City Enterprises Inc.
Finance & Insurance - California Harley-Davidson
Welcome to California Harley-Davidson, a small family operated dealership that has been in business in the South Bay for more than 45 years. Since its inception, California Harley-Davidson has been a recognizable landmark on the southern stretch of Pacific Coast Highway and a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike.
The employees at California Harley-Davidson are genuine Harley-Davidson people who create a fun, friendly, and inviting atmosphere for all veteran, novice, and non-riders who walk through the door.
The world of motorcycling is a relatively small one. Our club is elite and our commitment to one another is unquestioned. This is what we mean when we say, “Welcome to the family.” Hence our motto: People, Passion & Pistons. Join our family and kick start your career in high gear today!
Department……………... Finance & Insurance Department
Supervisor………………. Sales Manager
Receive customer(s) from salesperson turnover, and use a consultative or menu sales approach to explain and sell them the following F&I products and services:
- Retail Financing Plans
- Harley-Davidson Extended Service Plan (ESP)
- Payment Protection Plan (Life/Accident and Health insurance options)
- Debt Protection Plan
- Financial Protection Plan (GAP)
- Pre-paid maintenance Plan
- Available accessory packages
Key Result Areas
- Consumer Credit Prospects
- Insurance Services
- Extended Services, Pre-Sold Maintenance and Other Products
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Consumer Credit Prospects
- Attain specific product sales quotas as assigned by the sales manager.
- Confer with prospective credit customers to ascertain available monthly income after living expenses to meet credit obligations. Request specified information for loan application.
- Enter required information into the computer and follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork. Verify accuracy of all forms.
- Examine, evaluate, and authorize (or recommend) approval of customer applications for consumer credit loans.
- Calculate monthly payment. Inform applicant of principal borrowed, interest rate, term, monthly payment, and other costs (Credit report, etc.)
- Answer customer questions, adjust if necessary, and ask for signature on loan application and information authorization forms.
- Determine credit history and initiate credit bureau check.
- Analyze applicant financial status, credit history, etc. to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Correspond with creditors (bank or dealer) to get loan approval or answer any outstanding questions regarding application information or credit history. Approve loan within specified limits. Inform applicant of loan denial or acceptance.
- Schedule loan closing, vehicle delivery, and compile and generate proper forms and other documentation.
- Confer with sales representatives to arrange closing and vehicle delivery date.
- Maintain relationships with Eagle Credit, local banks, and credit bureau reporting agencies to ensure smooth operation of F&I transactions.
- Interview customer to obtain information and explain available insurance products.
- Explain features and merits of policies and products offered, recommending to customer amount and type of coverage based on analysis of the customer’s circumstances.
- Calculate and quote premium rates for recommended policies.
- Call policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to suggest additions or changes in insurance options, or to make changes in beneficiaries.
- As assigned.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly and courteously.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM, and owner(s).
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right.”
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with F&I sales techniques and other sales department issues.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Must have the ability to get along with broad customer base.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills.”
- Knowledge and experience with sales of F&I products and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 500 lb. motorcycle.
- As pursuant to California Proposition 65, during your work you may be exposed to various materials and chemicals that have been known to cause cancer, or birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Benefits of working with us:
- Health benefits
- Insurance plans
- Paid vacation/ time off
- Vehicle purchase discounts
- Discounts on merchandise, parts, gear & service
- Riding Academy Courses - learn to ride
- Fun work atmosphere – we work hard and play harder!