Harbor City Enterprises Inc.
Sales Associate - California Harley-Davidson
Welcome to California Harley-Davidson, a small family operated dealership that has been in business in the South Bay for more than 45 years. Since its inception, California Harley-Davidson has been a recognizable landmark on the southern stretch of Pacific Coast Highway and a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike.
The employees at California Harley-Davidson are genuine Harley-Davidson people who create a fun, friendly, and inviting atmosphere for all veteran, novice, and non-riders who walk through the door.
The world of motorcycling is a relatively small one. Our club is elite and our commitment to one another is unquestioned. This is what we mean when we say, “Welcome to the family.” Hence our motto: People, Passion & Pistons. Join our family and kick start your career in high gear today!
Department……………... Sales Department
Supervisor………………. Sales Manager
Provide prompt, dependable, and high-quality vehicle sales to customers by using current proactive feature benefit sales techniques.
Key Result Areas
- Motorcycle Sales
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Sales Department Managers
- Attain new and used sales quotas as agreed upon with the sales manager.
- Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and solicit sales of all products.
- Present the features of all products to customers along with their benefits.
- Show each customer advantages of products over competing brands.
- Maintain the computerized inventory control system along with net profit objectives which eliminate the possibility of “lower than anticipated” profits.
- Cross sell additional parts, accessories, HOG memberships, F&I products, warranties, service contracts, etc. with all new and used vehicles.
- Maintain profit margin objective for all vehicle sales.
- Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
- Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Introduce new customers to the service, parts, general merchandise and F&I departments and their personnel.
- Follow the C.U.S.T.O.M. sales process.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
- Practice a feature/benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Use a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
- Conduct a road test and pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
- Ensure the delivery to customer is an “EVENT” which endears the customer to the dealership.
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files, and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right.”
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department issues.
- Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners, etc.).
- As assigned.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all sales personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM, and owner(s).
- Remain current with all Sales Department training available by reviewing ProSell and P.A.C.E. tapes and attending seminars, workshops, and other related training programs assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Continually learn more about the products and services you sell. Stay current on motorcycle trends and selling features.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- High energy level.
- Excellence communication skills and demonstrated “closing skills.”
- Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience for the customer and the profitability of the dealership.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push an 750 lbs. motorcycle.
- Spend the majority of the day on your feet.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Majority of work is conducted indoors, however, some outdoor booth sales are conducted periodically during open houses or other events.
- As pursuant to California Proposition 65, during your work you may be exposed to various materials and chemicals that have been known to cause cancer, or birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Benefits of working with us:
- Health benefits
- Insurance plans
- Paid vacation/ time off
- Vehicle purchase discounts
- Discounts on merchandise, parts, gear & service
- Riding Academy Courses - learn to ride
- Fun work atmosphere – we work hard and play harder!