Harbor City Enterprises Inc.
Service Technician - California Harley-Davidson
Welcome to California Harley-Davidson, a small family operated dealership that has been in business in the South Bay for more than 45 years. Since its inception, California Harley-Davidson has been a recognizable landmark on the southern stretch of Pacific Coast Highway and a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike.
The employees at California Harley-Davidson are genuine Harley-Davidson people who create a fun, friendly, and inviting atmosphere for all veteran, novice, and non-riders who walk through the door.
The world of motorcycling is a relatively small one. Our club is elite and our commitment to one another is unquestioned. This is what we mean when we say, “Welcome to the family.” Hence our motto: People, Passion & Pistons. Join our family and kick start your career in high gear today!
Department……………... Service Department
Supervisor………………. Service Manager
Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Key Result Areas
- Service Department Operations
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to internal and external customers.
- Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager.
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform service, repair, and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
- After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
- Minimize come backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
- Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner that when it was dropped off.
- As assigned.
- No supervisory responsibilities
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
- Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience.
- Current Motorcycle license.
- Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 50lbs. of material.
- Frequently requires the ability to balance and push a 750 lbs. motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or airborne other particles.
- As pursuant to California Proposition 65, during your work you may be exposed to various materials and chemicals that have been known to cause cancer, or birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
Benefits of working with us:
- Health benefits
- Insurance plans
- Paid vacation/ time off
- Vehicle purchase discounts
- Discounts on merchandise, parts, gear & service
- Riding Academy Courses - learn to ride
- Fun work atmosphere – we work hard and play harder!