Harbor City Enterprises Inc.
Accounts Payable/ Billing
FT/PT Position......... Accounts Payable/Billing
Supervisor………………. Business Office Manager
Welcome to California Harley-Davidson, a small family operated dealership that has been in business in the South Bay for more than 45 years. Since its inception, California Harley-Davidson has been a recognizable landmark on the southern stretch of Pacific Coast Highway and a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike.
The employees at California Harley-Davidson are genuine Harley-Davidson people who create a fun, friendly, and inviting atmosphere for all veteran, novice, and non-riders who walk through the door.
The world of motorcycling is a relatively small one. Our club is elite and our commitment to one another is unquestioned. This is what we mean when we say, “Welcome to the family.” Hence our motto: People, Passion & Pistons. Join our family and kick start your career in high gear today!
As our Accounts Payable, you are responsible for the financial processing of transactions for California Harley-Davidson. Day-to-day work load includes transactional bookkeeping entries, account reconciliations and month end functions. Will process A/P including purchase order matching, entering invoices, payment approvals, ensuring timely payments to vendors, statement reconciliation, research and resolve discrepancies. Ideal candidate is driven to succeed, learn and grow in the motorcycle industry.
Key Result Areas
- General Ledger entries
- Payables, Cash Management, Regulatory Compliance
- Auditing & Report Writing
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve accounting issues as they arise in the daily processing of dealership transactions.
- Investigate and trace errors and record adjustments to correct inadvertent postings to incorrect accounts.
- Reconcile all subsidiary ledgers to general ledger control balances monthly. In some cases, maintain spreadsheets or other auxiliary sub-ledgers.
Payments, Cash Management & Regulatory Compliance
- Maintain accounts payable schedules, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Post, reconcile and pay monthly OEM statement.
- Effectively communicate cash needs to the office manager.
- Maintain vendor due dates so as to optimize cash flow and take advantage of attractive payment terms.
- Examine and distribute vendor invoices and other payment requests to appropriate general ledger account classifications.
- Issue checks in payment of merchandise purchases, supplies, services and customer accommodations.
- Record and maintain W-9, 1099 and resale certificates and information from vendors.
Auditing & Report Writing
- Audit and resolve any anomalies encountered in daily financial transactions as recorded by others in dealer management system modules.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Investigate any anomalies and prepare general journal entries to adjust accounts and reports to appropriate amounts.
- Assist accounting department, dealership personnel and customers as necessary.
- Weekly schedule cleaning.
- Maintain an organized vendor filing system.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees and owner.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings. Maintain high ethical standards in all actions.
- Ability to consistently follow and implement processes for clean and efficient work.
- Understand deadlines and apply appropriate sense of urgency and prioritization to all tasks.
- Motivated, positive attitude. Team players only.
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative and manage time effectively.
- Maintain a professional appearance and neat work area.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Dealership experience a plus.
- Must have basic accounting understanding, analytical ability, excellent communication and organization skills, and a strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and experience with Microsoft Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively to resolve problems with co-workers, suppliers, Harley-Davidson representatives and governmental agencies.
- Frequently works on a computer or doing other “close vision” work.
- Noise levels in work environment are occasionally loud.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Benefits of working with us:
- Health benefits
- Insurance plans
- Paid vacation/ time off
- Vehicle purchase discounts
- Discounts on merchandise, parts, gear & service
- Riding Academy Courses - learn to ride
- Fun work atmosphere – we work hard and play harder