Harbor City Enterprises Inc.
FT/PT Position......... Billing Specialist
Supervisor………………. Business Office Manager
Welcome to California Harley-Davidson, a small family operated dealership that has been in business in the South Bay for more than 45 years. Since its inception, California Harley-Davidson has been a recognizable landmark on the southern stretch of Pacific Coast Highway and a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike.
The employees at California Harley-Davidson are genuine Harley-Davidson people who create a fun, friendly, and inviting atmosphere for all veteran, novice, and non-riders who walk through the door.
The world of motorcycling is a relatively small one. Our club is elite and our commitment to one another is unquestioned. This is what we mean when we say, “Welcome to the family.” Hence our motto: People, Passion & Pistons. Join our family and kick start your career in high gear today!
As our Billing Specialist, you must be a motivated, self-starter with exceptional organizational skills who is analytical, professional and adept at problem solving. You must be able to follow accounting policies, procedures, practices, standards and controls of the dealership to assist in the maintenance of all deals and records. You will help resolve accounting issues as they arise in the daily processing of sales transactions. You’ll work closely with management and staff to maintain smooth and effective processes. Ideal candidate is driven to succeed, learn and grow in the motorcycle industry.
Key Result Areas
- Billing/ Inventory
- Office Administration
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Post and reconcile deal accounting.
- Review all documents (customer, lien, VIN, tax rate, required DMV documents, product agreements and accuracy of deal.)
- Verify required documents are obtained and signed to assure timely funding.
- Prepare and send lender packages.
- Set up receivables/payables per options.
- Verify and perform payoffs including per diem, verify receipt of titles.
- Bookkeeping including performing daily/weekly account reconciliations.
- Understanding of DMV concepts to forward appropriate documents to motor vehicle clerk.
- Maintain vehicle inventory control and spreadsheet.
- Monitor and maintain the Hot Sheet.
- Provide high quality assistance to ensure a smooth running and productive office environment.
- Effectively communicate cash needs to the office manager.
- Maintain schedules you post to.
- Filing deals and paperwork.
- Assist all departments with various duties as needed.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Dealership contract experience a plus.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- Analytical and adept at problem solving.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving issues.
- Highly organized to work in a fast paced environment.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Frequently works on a computer or doing other “close vision” work.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Benefits of working with us:
- Health benefits
- Insurance plans
- Paid vacation/ time off
- Vehicle purchase discounts
- Discounts on merchandise, parts, gear & service
- Riding Academy Courses - learn to ride
- Fun work atmosphere – we work hard and play harder