Harbor City Enterprises Inc.
Receptionist/ Customer Service Representative
Position....................... Customer Service/ Receptionist
Supervisor………………. Marketing Manager
Welcome to California Harley-Davidson, a small family operated dealership that has been in business in the South Bay for more than 45 years. Since its inception, California Harley-Davidson has been a recognizable landmark on the southern stretch of Pacific Coast Highway and a popular destination for both locals and tourists alike.
The employees at California Harley-Davidson are genuine Harley-Davidson people who create a fun, friendly, and inviting atmosphere for all veteran, novice, and non-riders who walk through the door.
The world of motorcycling is a relatively small one. Our club is elite and our commitment to one another is unquestioned. This is what we mean when we say, “Welcome to the family.” Hence our motto: People, Passion & Pistons. Join our family and kickstart your career in gear today!
As our receptionist, you must have great communication and customer service skills. We are seeking a detail oriented, enthusiastic self-starter with excellent phone etiquette and the desire to help. You must be a team player. Ideal candidate is driven to succeed, learn and grow in the motorcycle industry.
Key Result Areas
- Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and assist in-store customers, in a courteous and friendly manner, answering their inquiries and directing them to correct departments.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls in courteous, prompt and professional manner.
- Ask questions to field calls to correct department/personnel.
- Transfer and take messages as needed.
- Understand the basic products/services we offer to answer and assist general inquiries.
- Answer basic questions about upcoming events/promotions.
- Provide high quality assistance to office personnel to ensure a smooth running and productive office environment.
- Operate standard office equipment on a regular basis, including a fax machine, a copy machine, and a computer.
- Receive deliveries; distribute incoming mail to business office.
- Take inventory of front desk supplies and restock as needed.
- Assist the Office Manager, GM and all departments with various duties as needed.
- No Supervisory Responsibilities.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Must be a team player, eager and happy to help.
- Must maintain a professional appearance.
- Maintain reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Basic knowledge of how to operate standard office equipment, including a computer, a copy machine, and printer.
- 1-2 years' experience as a receptionist or in customer service preferred.
- Frequently works on a computer or doing other “close vision” work.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Benefits of working with us:
- Health benefits
- Insurance plans
- Paid vacation/ time off
- Vehicle purchase discounts
- Discounts on merchandise, parts, gear & service
- H-D paid training
- Riding Academy Courses - learn to ride
- Fun work atmosphere – we work hard and play harder